The Film Market is an online platform that offers key industry professionals the opportunity to view a selection of new creative documentaries.
Find the complete 2021 VdR–Film Market catalogue online here.
From April 7th, all accredited professionals will be able to start watching films of Visions du Réel’s Official Selection, Partner’s Collections as well as many more unreleased documentaries.
The Film Market is available online for three months (until July 17th for Industry accredited professionals, and until April 25th for Press accredited professionals).
The VdR–Film Market, formerly known as the Media Library, is an online platform that includes a selection of +400 new creative documentaries with international potential.
It groups Visions du Réel’s Official selection as well as many more unreleased documentaries proposed by our own selection committee, partner institutions, sales agents and producers. The purpose of the Film Market is to facilitate exchanges, purchases and potential sales of new films.
The Film Market is open to accredited professionals only. It will be made available online throughout the entire duration of the festival (7 – 17 April 2022) as well as for the 3 following months.
Should you have any questions about VdR-Film Market or if you wish to submit a film or to participate as a Partner to promote your films, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding this activity, we invite you to read our Terms and Regulations.
- Your film presented in an online and secured digital video library.
- Technical support, including 2 reports with the names and contact details of the industry professionals who viewed your film.
- An opportunity to get the attention of key industry professionals (festival programmers, buyers…), to promote and sell your film. Indeed, a list of 800 buyers is invited to watch your films for free. (Please note that, as the platform is only accessible to accredited film professionals, the premiere status of your film does not change).
- The visibility of your film on Visions du Réel’s website with a dedicated page on the Film Market catalogue (launched one week before the Festival and available throughout the year).
- One accreditation to access the online Film Market, screenings and activities on-site.- Personal profile in the online platform “Who’s who” and the opportunity to contact the professionals who attend the Festival.
Our call for films is now open
Deadline No. 1: 8 November 2021 – for projects already ready for submission.
Deadline No. 2: 17 December 2021
We encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready in order to have more chances of a selection.
For further information regarding this activity, we invite you to read our Terms and Regulations