Daily news: Monday 8 April
Welcome to our "Daily news" mailing. Every day during the Festival, here are a few must-see must-do suggestions, among the 169 films and the numerous Industry activities for audiovisual professionals, including many conferences that are also open to the public. Enjoy the Festival!
INTERNATIONAL BURNING LIGHTS COMPETITION
An international competition dedicated to new vocabularies and expressions, to research and to narrative and formal experimentation.
IN THE NAME OF SCHEHERAZADE OR THE FIRST BEERGARDEN IN TEHRAN plunges us into a funny and deconstructed joyful apocalypse that follows four characters who moved to Germany in order to escape the dire and dangerous political situation of their countries. PIUCCHEPERFETTO follows Antonio who, like a post-modern Narcissus, projects himself in the endless choices that social media images offer him, whereas Rafael tells how he found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time in SEVEN YEARS IN MAY. THE SOUND IS INNOCENT dissects the story of electronic music as in a science-fiction film, L.A. TEA TIME is a fun and initiatory road-movie across the United States, and EL GURU is a documentary flashback to the famous Raging Bull. And ANIMALS highlights some deeply disturbing but outlandishly funny behavior patterns between humans and their furry friends.
• ANIMALS, Jonas Spriestersbach (World Premiere)
• EL GURU, Rory Barrientos Lamas (World Premiere)
• IN THE NAME OF SCHEHERAZADE OR THE FIRST BEERGARDEN IN TEHRAN, Narges Kalhor (World Premiere)
• INSULA, María Onis (World Premiere)
• L.A. TEA TIME, Sophie Bédard Marcotte (World Premiere)
• LE PAYS, Lucien Monot (World Premiere)
• LOULOU, Nathan Hofstetter (World Premiere)
• MADAME, Stéphane Riethauser (World Premiere)
• MANY UNDULATING THINGS, Bo Wang & Pan Lu (World Premiere)
• NATURALES HISTORIAE, Pauline Julier (World Premiere)
• ORDINARY LANDSCAPE, Damien Monnier (World Premiere)
• PIUCCHEPERFETTO, Riccardo Giacconi (World Premiere)
• QUICKSILVER CHRONICLES, Ben Guez & Sasha Kulak (World Premiere)
• SEVEN YEARS IN MAY, Affonso Uchôa (World Premiere)
• THE HOUSE, Mali Arun (World Premiere)
• THE SOUND IS INNOCENT, Johana Ožvold (World Premiere)
Image: L.A. TEA TIME
IMMERSIVE & INTERACTIVE
An activity that aims to explore new forms of immersive narratives and storytelling.
NEW FORMS OF IMMERSIVE NARRATIVES AND STORYTELLING, WHAT ISSUES ARE BROUGHT UP FOR PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION?
• Wednesday 10 April, 16:30-18:00 Village du Réel – Forum | In English | Open to the public
AFROROUTES: VR PROJECT SHOWCASE
VR Project Showcase
Presentation of the musical immersive VR project Afroroutes by Sélim Harbi. Eight VR headsets will be available to the public. Co-hosted by SUPSI.
• Tuesday 9 April, 16:00-18:00 Industry (la Mobilière) – Café | In English | Open to the public
• Wednesday 10 April, 10:30-12:30 Industry (la Mobilière) – Café | In English | Open to the public
• Wednesday 10 April, 14:00-16:00 Village du Réel – Forum | In English | Open to the public
Party Party | Free admission
Every night during the Festival, it's Party Party at the Festival with DJs and concerts.
Party Party programme
Monday 8 April
As of 22:00, Bar – Village du Réel
DJ MISTIGRI (Sono mondiale)
Complete programme and tickets on www.visionsdureel.ch
Do you want to receive our news in English in your inbox?
Update your Newsletter account and language preferences