1. Purpose — The purpose of these T&Cs is to define the terms under which any person accepts to make a reservation (“Ticket”) with VdR, which gives the right to access one screening during the festival. A Ticket is required to attend a screening during the festival, whether this Ticket is physical or saved on a Subscription on an Accreditation.
2. Services — For all services, the applicable T&Cs are those of VdR, available on the website. VdR may amend the range of services or cancel the performance of these services at any time. The contract related to the purchase of a Ticket is concluded exclusively between the Ticket purchaser and VdR based on these T&Cs. The Ticket gives the right to a seat in one of the screenings of the festival. It can be obtained via the website using the “print-at-home” option, in an electronic format or from the festival ticket office.
3. Responsibility of the purchaser — The purchaser alone is responsible for his/her Ticket. They assume full responsibility for it in the event of theft, loss or fraud. VdR declines any responsibility for any anomalies that may occur during the order, use or printing of the printable-at-home-Ticket in so far as VdR has not provoked these intentionally or as a result of negligence. No duplicate of the Ticket, of any sort whatsoever, may be given to the purchaser. By no means may this be printed onsite at the event.
4. Loss or damages—In the event of the loss of or damages to a Ticket, it is not possible to replace it.
1. Purpose — The purpose of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale (“T&Cs”) is to define the conditions under which any person accepts to enter into a contract of subscription (“Subscription”) or accreditation (“Accreditation”), composed of access rights for attending screenings during the Visions du Réel festival, with Visions du Réel (“VdR”), festival international de cinéma Nyon. The acquisition of a Subscription or Accreditation does not entitle its holder to enter a theatre for a screening; a reservation (“Ticket”) is required to attend a screening during the festival, whether this Ticket is physical or saved on a Subscription or an Accreditation.
2. Subscription Offers — VdR offers one or several Subscription options, depending on availability, as follows:
Subscription holders must reserve their seat for each screening at the ticket offices or on the internet. No priority is given to Subscription holders for access to screenings and Subscriptions only give the right to a seat subject to availability in the theatres.
3. Accreditation — On request to VdR, it is possible to obtain an Accreditation for the festival and/or Industry. This may be paid-for or free-of-charge, at the discretion of VdR. The Accreditation is not transferable and requires a photo. It gives the right to 1 admission per time slot for screenings for the duration of the entire festival (maximum 8 admissions per day). Accreditation holders must reserve their seat for each screening at the ticket offices or on the internet. No priority is given to Accreditation holders for access to screenings and Accreditations only give the right to a seat subject to availability in the theatres.
4. Responsibility of the purchaser — The purchaser alone is responsible for their Subscription or Accreditation. The purchaser assumes full responsibility for it in the event of theft, loss or fraud. VdR declines any responsibility for any anomalies that may occur during the order, use or printing of the Subscription or Accreditation in so far as VdR has not provoked these intentionally or as a result of negligence.
5. Loss or damages — In the event of loss of or damage to a festival Subscription or Accreditation, its holder may contact VdR in order to retrieve a copy of it, at the cost of CHF 20.-. However, 5 entries passes and Day passes may not be replaced.
1. Exchange and refund – Tickets, Subscriptions and/or Accreditations can neither be exchange nor will be refunded.
2. Image right — Any person attending a screening or present on VdR premises consents to VdR, ex gratia, for the entire world and for the legal duration of copyright protection, the right to capture, use, exploit and represent their image and their voice, on any medium related to the festival and its promotion, such as photographs, live broadcasts on giant screens, live or repeated televisual broadcasts, video or sound programmes and/or recordings, these rights being freely transferable by VdR to any third party of their choice.
3. Confidentiality — The confidential and personal information communicated by the purchaser is for exclusive use by VdR. Pursuant to the Swiss federal law on data protection of 19 June 1992, any person who provides this information has a right of access to rectify and/or delete the data concerning them from VdR.
4. Security — VdR undertakes to provide as much security as possible on the festival sites but may not be held responsible for any damage whatsoever. The spectator undertakes to respect the security measures defined by VdR. Non-compliance with these measures may lead to the expulsion of the person causing disorder from the festival sites as well as the withdrawal of their Ticket, Subscription or Accreditation. Any recording of sound and/or images whatsoever is forbidden and may lead to exclusion from the festival without compensation. It is strictly forbidden to bring the following into the theatres: weapons, explosive, flammable or volatile substances, sharp or blunt objects and, in general, any object that could be used as a projectile, any dangerous object and any pyrotechnic object, signs and banners of any size of a political, ideological, religious or advertising nature. Any transgressor shall be liable and runs the risk of prosecution.
5. Application of the T&Cs — These T&Cs shall apply to any person. If certain or several provisions of these T&Cs should be or become null and void or non-applicable, entirely or partially, this shall not affect the validity of the other provisions of these T&Cs or the purchase of Tickets, Subscriptions or Accreditations. In such an event, the parties shall replace the null and void or non-applicable provision. The applicable T&Cs are those accepted by the person on the date of acquisition of the Subscription or Accreditation.
6. Amendment to the T&Cs — VdR reserves the right to amend these T&Cs at any time. Any amendments shall be published on the VdR website and shall enter into force as soon as they are online.
7. In the event of differences between the texts in the various languages, only the French version of these T&Cs is binding.