This year, Visions du Réel is launching a partnership with the Pour-cent Culturel Migros, by choosing the same theme proposed to the Swiss filmmakers for the Film Documentaire-CH competition: le défi de la liberté The Challenge of Freedom. 12 films will be programmed with talks given by philosopher Marie José Mondzain and writer-filmmaker Laurent Roth.
Daily from 20 – 26 April from 4 p.m. until 6.30 p.m. at Usina à Gaz
- A Diary for Timothy, Humphey Jennings, 1945, United Kingdom, 39'
- Changer d'image, Jean-Luc Godard, 1982, France, 10'
- Expérience, Abbas Kiarostami, 1973, Iran, 60'
- L'argent raconté aux enfants et à leurs parents, Claudio Pazienza, 2002, Belgium, France, 53'
- La Récréation, Abbas Kiarostami, 1972, Iran, 11'
- Listen to Britain, Humphrey Jennings, 1942, United Kingdom, 18'
- Ilha da Flores, Jorge Furtado, 1989, Brazil, 12'
- Myra Hess plays Beethoven, Humphrey Jennings, 1945, United Kingdom, 9'
- Tahrir - Place de la Libération, Stefano Savona, 2010, France, Italy, Egypt, 91'
- The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye, Marie Losier, 2011, United States, France, Russia, Belgium, Netherlands, 72'
- Teorema, Pier Paolo Pasolini, 1968, Italy, 94'
- Torre Bela, Thomas Harlan, 1978, Portugal, Switzerland, Italy, 84'
The film cycle will end with a debate on 27 April, 10:00 a.m. at Ferme du Manoir, directed by:
- Laurent Roth and
- Marie-José Mondzain.
- Jean-Paul Curnier, philosopher and author,
- Lukas Bärfuss, playwriter,
- Marcy Goldberg, cinema historian and media consultant,